Thursday 27 March 2014

Some happy, bright sewing

A few bright, sunny spring days and flowering daffodils have had an effect on me. Some time ago I unearthed some fabric from my stash and decided I would like to make a bag like the one on the cover of a book I'd bought: Patchwork Bags by Cecilia Hanselmann. Here is my adaptation of the pattern:


I had bought the bamboo handles several years ago and they seemed to suit the bag nicely. The bag has a firm base, two internal slip pockets and a matching purse/make-up bag.

Carrying on with the spring theme and using more of my stash, I made a little bag for collecting Easter eggs.


I think it is rather cute and keep going to take a peek at it! I have started a bag with a chicken on it, so I'll see how that goes. Hopefully, there will be some people who want to buy a bag in which to put their Easter eggs!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same bamboo handles that I received from a swap. I should make a bag like that - it's so pretty! Such a happy and fun colour.

    Virna

    ReplyDelete