Thursday 4 April 2013

A change for me

This is something I don't do: make more than one bag the same out of the same fabric. However, someone ordered these out of this specific fabric, the only difference being that one was to have short handles and one long handles. In fact, I have now made four tote bags out of this fabric and it was after seeing one of them that this person placed her order.


I managed to line the bags in different coloured lining, so that has also made a difference. They each have two internal slip pockets and a plastic grid firm base. They close at the top with a tab closure secured with a magnetic snap. Each bag has a matching zippered purse which hooks onto a snap hook.

I actually had to order more fabric just to make the handles of the second bag so I now have enough for another bag or two if they are a bit smaller. But I think I need a break from this fabric and will use the rest of it when the time is right. The outer fabric is called Giant Butterfly batik (colour is Toxic Tan!!) from Fabricland. I think it is lovely quality fabric. I hope the recipients of these bags enjoy using them.

5 comments:

  1. They look great, well done. I can understand you needing to work with something different, I've just made a pair of full length double width curtains and 10 seat covers for my dining room, I'm now making some place mats and a table runner with the same fabric and its driving me to insanity - I need a change. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sympathies, Joy. I'm sure your dining room will look wonderful when you've finished everything. Keep it up!

      Delete
  2. Your bags look great, as usual!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Virna! It's the fabric that make them look so nice.

      Delete